A vacation is not complete until you have had your mandatory hunt for local treasures. Visit the largest and most important church in the country, The Basilica de La Altagracia. Take a stroll on the main street and observe the day-to-day activity in the city: The cafeterias, the shoe shiners, and the fruit stalls and their vendors. Visit the Saint Dionysus church, constructed over 500 years ago! Visit a local gift shop and take the opportunity to stock-up on some traditional products.
Join our authentic city tour and discover the urban side of the region through a tour of the biggest city in the surroundings of Punta Cana.
Duration: 5 Hours
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Official Guide
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Coach or Van
- Water and Soft Drinks (Non-Alcoholic)
- Originate a spiritual pilgrimage to the Higüey Basilica. Its splendor and elegant architecture will leave you breathless.
- Visit St. Dionysius church. Explore the most relevant historical aspects of La Altagracia’s recent history, spanning the past 500 years
- Eyewitness the traditional way master craftsmen manufacture the finest cigars.
- Discover how tobacco has boosted the national economy. Take a box back home and surprise your buddies.
- Purchase the most unmistakable samples of local handicrafts and the finest Dominican rum.
Dominican Republic Cultural Tour Details
Camera in hands, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages, visit the largest and most important church, on the road you will see schools and famous ’’colmado’’. Drive across sugar cane and rice plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a ’’trapiche’’ – wheel grinder pulled by oxen to extract the syrup of sugar cane. Ride our truck through the Anamuya mountain and have direct contact with the day to day life in the countryside.
What To Expect
A fun filled day where you will get to inmerse yourself in the Domincan Culture guided by the friendliest staff. Try fresh sugar cane juice, learn how cigars are rolled, be welcomed at a Dominican house, have a delicious typical lunch and end your day enjoying the waters of the amazing Anamuya river.